Midlands Credit Compass
The Midlands Credit Compass from MEU helps students who want to switch universities, take a break from their studies or move away from their current place of study.
What is ‘credit’ and how is it used?
When students successfully complete a module at university they receive a number of credits for that part of their studies. These can be used in full or in part to transfer to a course at a different university, so that students do not have to repeat the same area of study. It is more likely that credit can be used against a similar course, but the Midlands Credit Compass helps students through the application process even if they would like to study something new.
Are you a student thinking of applying?
The Midlands Credit Compass makes it easier to transfer or return to one of our universities. As part of our service we will:
- provide you with a named key contact at the university you would like to transfer to
- respond to your initial enquiry within five working days
- support you through the application process
- support your application to transfer for up to five years from the time you left your studies
How do I apply?
If you’re thinking of leaving your current course please contact your personal tutor in the first instance.
If you wish to transfer to one of the Midlands Credit Compass universities or have already left your university, please send an email to the university you are interested in going to. The email should contain the following information:
- ‘Midlands Credit Compass’ in the subject line
- A photo or digital version of your university transcript, or third-party access to your HEAR (Higher Education Achievement Award)
- The name of the course you wish to study
- Your name, address and telephone number
The email should be sent to your first choice of university from the list below:
- Birmingham City University – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Coventry University – email@example.com
- University of Derby – firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Lincoln – email@example.com
- Nottingham Trent University – firstname.lastname@example.org
- University of Wolverhampton – email@example.com
Please note that there is no guarantee you’ll be able to switch to another course at a different course provider. Each university reserves the right to make a decision based on its individual regulations and admissions procedure.