Boosting our region’s economy through collaborative partnerships
Our mission is to work collaboratively to provide practical solutions to the Government and regional stakeholders, to deliver the Industrial Strategy, and to increase economic growth and prosperity in the Midlands.
Our priorities for 2020 are:
- To stimulate and support innovation and productivity in Midlands Engine priority sectors through our combined expertise in Digital, Manufacturing and Engineering, Agri-food, Health & Medtech, Construction, and Low Carbon.
- To create a more diverse postgraduate research base, with a direct impact on the knowledge economy through closer links with industry.
- To support entrepreneurs and enterprises of any size and at any stage in the growth cycle. See Business Environment
- To build on our collective expertise and international links to increase inward investment and export, in a post-Brexit environment.
- To address the higher level skills needs of employers through innovative collaborative models such as the Skills Escalator, and the growth of higher apprenticeships
- To support lifelong learning and mobility of individuals through the Midlands Credit Compass.
- To continue to be a key partner for Midlands Engine, in its ambition to grow our regional economy by £54bn by 2030
For information on how we are delivering these priorities, please look at Our activities