Boosting our region’s economy through collaborative partnerships
Our mission is to support the Government’s ambition to grow our regional economy by £34bn by 2030, in partnership with the Midlands Engine for Growth.
Working collaboratively with businesses of all sizes, we will increase productivity through applied research, innovation and knowledge exchange.
Our demonstration facilities, business incubators and science and technology parks are closely aligned to Midlands Engine sectors in:
- manufacturing, engineering and transport technologies
- agri-food and drink manufacturing
- health, life sciences and translational medicine
- energy and low carbon technologies
- creative digital and design
Using our collective expertise and facilities, we will work closely with the Midlands Engine to:
- offer flexible pathways to degrees and higher apprenticeships to fill higher level skills gaps in the Midlands
- develop further the employability and entrepreneurship of our students
- harness graduate talent by working with employers to retain graduates in the region
- stimulate and support innovation and productivity in Midlands Engine priority sectors
- work in partnership with other universities, industry and stakeholders to maximise our combined impact
- provide practical solutions to Government and Midlands Engine stakeholders to increase economic growth and prosperity in the Midlands